The Greeks LOVE their cheese. Since being here, I’ve had cheese in Tiropita (cheese pie), crumbled on salads, and in Spanikopita (spinach pie), and every bit of each has been delicious. It is so plentiful in the meals here, and even a part of Greek history. Ancient Greeks had a god, Aristaios, dedicated to the craft of making cheese! In order to do my part in this homage to cheese, I decided to put together my own Greek cheese platter. I absolutely love making cheese platters for myself, friends, or for entertaining guests. They are very easy to make and you can’t really mess them up!! Plus, they taste delicious.
CYA is a not-for-profit educational institution offering semester, academic year, and summer study abroad programs in Greece. Since our establishment in 1962, we have offered university students an academically rigorous program of studies combined with the vibrant experience of day-to-day contact with the people, monuments, and landscape of Greece and the Mediterranean - a rapidly changing region with a uniquely varied past.
- Faces of Pangrati: Meet Chris February 20, 2017
- Watch 4.1 miles – Academy Award Nominated Greek Short Film February 20, 2017
- How to Make the Ultimate Greek Cheese Platter February 17, 2017
- CYA President’s Smart Moves for University Reform February 14, 2017
- CYA Public Lecture “Bronze Age and Archaic Boeotia: New Research at Ancient Eleon” 14/02 February 9, 2017
- Despite economic crisis, Greeks are willing to give February 7, 2017
- 5 Things I Discovered in My First Week as an Athenian February 7, 2017
- Get Her to the Greek! February 6, 2017
- New Student Bloggers Join CYA Media Lab Team February 5, 2017
- Orientation 2017 – CYA Welcomes Spring Semester Students February 1, 2017
academics Ancient Greece archaeological institute of america Archaeology Athens athens from above Athens Marathon 2016 citylife cool crisis Culture CYA documentary English Europe events experience faculty Fall Semester field trip field trips film first week reflections forum on education abroad greece Greek Language History landcapes language Modern Greek Mt. Olympus Philosophy politics social media society stories student conference student essays students studyabroad study abroad study in greece travel trips video
Dr. Evgenia Mylonaki CYA Professor of Philosophy, has had a...
Click to download The CYA Experience eBook CYA Students...
I can vividly recall the look and the awe on...
Living and studying in Greece during these most difficult and...
In meeting an architect inside the Parthenon to discuss new...