We are looking for…
Three motivated, resourceful and social media-active students to serve as Media Lab Interns. The interns will work directly with the Social Media Coordinator and staff under the guidance of Communications Professor Dr. Demetris Kamaras, to strategize, craft and execute content for CYA’s social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, CYA Blog)
Applicants should have a demonstrated interest in one or more of the following: social media, photography and video, writing, blogging. Most importantly, we are looking for the creativity and eagerness to create interesting and engaging multimedia content.
The role requires a commitment of approximately 6-8 hours a week, which includes attendance of meetings and coverage of stories spread across:
- Student life (inside apartments, at the school, etc.)
- City life (sitting for a Greek coffee, walking around Athens, etc.)
- Learning abroad (CYA-sponsored trips, on-site classes, inside the classroom, extracurricular activities, landmarks)
- Growing, living, learning, and traveling in Greece & Europe
- Day-to-day exploration including housing, cultural immersion, Greek Culture and Society
- Events throughout the semesters
- The role offers interns an immersion into digital media and communications within a prestigious academic environment
- The internship is made to conveniently fit in your busy studyabroad schedule
- Strengthen your portfolio and resume, while sharpening your creative and communications skills
- Earn a warm letter of recommendation at the end of the semester to further consolidate your work experience, skills and achievements
- Have fun reporting on your amazing studyabroad experience!
- Collaborate with the CYA Media Lab team in weekly meetings and attend workshops
- Report on the CYA experience: take photographs and videos, interview fellow students and faculty, collect quotes, tell stories.
- Conceptualize, create and publish multimedia content that enhances the CYA experience, shares success stories, builds meaningful connections and encourages engagement
- Employ innovative tactics to grow CYAs social media audiences
- Serve as an ambassador for the CYA Media Lab, which includes seeking out story ideas for CYA social media, CYAblog.net and main website, encouraging fellow students and the academic community to engage with us, utilizing our social media (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) to connect with public audiences
Applicants should submit:
A short cover letter explaining why you think you should be selected for this internship and what you can bring to CYAs Media Team with a list of examples (with relevant links) to your personal writing/photography work, social-media activity, as well as any pages that you currently manage, to email@example.com by Monday, January the 14th 5pm (ET).
NB: This is an unpaid work-study position.
Latest posts by Tina Voulgari (see all)
- Living with a Greek Family – Emily’s Homestay Experience - December 5, 2018
- My Internship Experience - November 27, 2018
- Call for Applications! CYA Media Lab Internship Spring 2019 - November 27, 2018