1. Souvlaki (Greek: σουβλάκι [suˈvlaci])
The most popular Greek fast food and a no-brainer for all CYAers. Tender pieces of meat tossed in herbs and grilled on skewers, served in warm pita bread and topped with juicy tomatoes, onions fries and tzatziki.
Video recipe by Akis Petretzikis
2. Saganaki (Greek: σαγανάκι [saɡəˈnɑːki]) 🧀
Pan-seered Greek graviera with a nice golden crust and melty inside!
Authentic recipe for cheese lovers by My Greek Dish.
3. Tzatziki (Greek: τζατζίκι [tsætˈziːki]) 👩🍳
The quintessential Greek meze: thick strained yogurt, cucumber, garlic, olive oil and fresh dill.
Recipe by The Wanderlust Kitchen
4. Moussaka (Greek: μουσακάς [muːˈsɑːkə])
Cinnamon-spiced lamb mingling with eggplants and a delicious creamy sauce – a joy to behold!
Recipe by BBC Food.
5. Baklava (Greek: μπακλαβάς [bɑːkləvə]) 🍯
Walnuts and cinnamon layered between flaky phyllo dough brushed with melted butter then baked and drizzled with a sugar and honey syrup. A crispy, sweet, and impressive desert!
Recipe by House of Nash Eats