From Meteora, Greece!
My first trip out of Athens was to Meteora, a small town 200 miles north from my new home on the mainland of Greece. Two fellow CYA-ers and I took a 6 hour train ride at midnight on a Thursday and reached our end destination in Kalabaka bright and early 6am on Friday!
By Alyssa Tayrien
Thoughts on Mount Olympus
Change your perspective. Climb a mountain.
Last weekend, a group of CYA students embarked on a guided tour towards the gods and up the face of Mount Olympus. Following a lengthy bus ride, we arrived at a small shack, near a natural spring to begin our 15km journey taking place over the next 48 hours. The hike on the way up could be described an intense leg workout #dontSkipLegDay, and as a joint-testing path back down. The views demanded absolute admiration on all sides: look to the sky to for colored clouds and endless views, look left or right for scenes with hues of blues and greens. Over this long weekend with absence of cell service, I had plenty of time to think. It was both a physical and mental journey. Here’s some reflection from the side of a mountain:
By Maddi Brenner
I’m not going to lie to you… it was hard. Harder than I had expected
You know those places you only read about in books, that you sort of have to imagine most of the time because you could never fathom the fact that you’d actually get the chance to go there? That’s Mount Olympus for me.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Welcome to CYA
CYA is a non-profit educational institution that has been offering semester, academic year, and summer study abroad programs in Greece for over 5 decades. We are proud to be on the GoAbroad list of Top Study Abroad programs of 2017.
We are among the most elite international program providers, illustrating an exceptional dedication to the field and the ability to provide extraordinary program experiences in Greece.
Our devoted staff, faculty, and beloved alumni contribute to making CYA a truly life-changing educational experience.
- Digital Archaeology in CYA When exploring programs abroad, CYA initially...
- One of the best parts about CYA field trips is...
- CYA class has the rare opportunity to go inside the...
- A new summer course, Political Economy in Historical Context: From...
- As another summer session comes to an end, CYA student...
- Summer session I is in full swing at CYA and...
- CYA Professor Angelos Papadopoulos attended the American Schools of Oriental Research (ASOR) Annual...
- The Cyclades Ephorate of Antiquities, in collaboration with the French...
- Full day field-trip around Greater Athens with H/S339 Is it...
- Urban Culture, society, design, and change… In this blog, we...
Media Lab Interns
Contribute as a guest author on CYAblog
CYA students & Alumni
Are you interested in publishing a story on our blog?
Whether it be academic research, articles, published books, professional or personal achievements, or about your experiences studying abroad at CYA…. here’s your chance to share it with the CYA community and the world!
We’d love to hear from you.
Simply email us at email@example.com