Greece is known for its breathtaking islands, where the water is so blue that you can see straight to the bottom, no matter how deep it is. There are so many islands that it’s overwhelming to find just one to travel to. We’ve narrowed it down for you by asking CYA students, staff, and faculty what their favorite islands are!
Hello, I am Kalei, I study Anthropology at Wellesley University, but my new home for this semester is Athens, and CYA! On my second week in Greece, CYA set off on an academic field trip to the legendary island of Crete located in the Eastern Mediterranean, and I want to tell you all about it.
By Maddi Brenner
When I’m asked what it was like when I get home in a month, I hope to show them this.
Pause. When I think about all the things I’ve done this semester, it’s feels unrealistically real, honestly. Time is moving, but rarely does it feel like it’s going that fast. We only have 4 weeks left and I am finally starting to understand my place here in Greece. It’s happening. After a long hiatus from writing, I’d like to update you on where I’ve been and how all such experiences have impacted me more than I thought it would.
By Alyssa Tayrien
Opa” best translates to “oops” in English, which definitely describes my latest adventure
This story is a bit longer than my normal posts, but I think it’s funny and describes one of my favorite trips, ever. So last week, all CYA students were exempt from classes due to a Forum that took place on campus. Naturally, many of us made plans to explore Europe outside of Greece.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Welcome to CYA
CYA is a non-profit educational institution that has been offering semester, academic year, and summer study abroad programs in Greece for over 5 decades. We are proud to be on the GoAbroad list of Top Study Abroad programs of 2017.
We are among the most elite international program providers, illustrating an exceptional dedication to the field and the ability to provide extraordinary program experiences in Greece.
Our devoted staff, faculty, and beloved alumni contribute to making CYA a truly life-changing educational experience.
- Digital Archaeology in CYA When exploring programs abroad, CYA initially...
- One of the best parts about CYA field trips is...
- CYA class has the rare opportunity to go inside the...
- A new summer course, Political Economy in Historical Context: From...
- As another summer session comes to an end, CYA student...
- Summer session I is in full swing at CYA and...
- CYA Professor Angelos Papadopoulos attended the American Schools of Oriental Research (ASOR) Annual...
- The Cyclades Ephorate of Antiquities, in collaboration with the French...
- Full day field-trip around Greater Athens with H/S339 Is it...
- Urban Culture, society, design, and change… In this blog, we...
Media Lab Interns
Contribute as a guest author on CYAblog
CYA students & Alumni
Are you interested in publishing a story on our blog?
Whether it be academic research, articles, published books, professional or personal achievements, or about your experiences studying abroad at CYA…. here’s your chance to share it with the CYA community and the world!
We’d love to hear from you.
Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org